Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day


Ah, Valentine's Day. The yearly reminder to keep loving our loved ones in ways that make them know it. :)

You know, way back in the day, I can't particularly remember doing anything on Valentine's Day. We used to get little Valentine cards in the mail from my grandparents, and we always loved that... that was always something to look forward to. But other than that, there just seemed to be a lot of random red, pink and white candies that made their way into our lives... And also, of course, we used to make gazillions of Valentine cards for our parents and siblings. Tons and tons.

But, other than that, it was just a regular day.

This Valentine's Day, somehow, while all of these old traditions have carried on into the younger set of children (more or less), we somehow ended up celebrating with a little more "Umph." Baking, dressing up, wearing pink, taking pictures, drinking hot beverages out of red cups with hearts on them, and having tea parties were all included amongst the festivities.

It all began with a morning outburst of "Happy Valentine's Day!" from all of the little kids and a shower of cards that they had made flying in all directions, each one making its way to the person whose name was written in red on the inside.

Now, I would give this story a middle and an end to make that beginning more... um, beginningy, but I just don't have the time for that right now. So, instead, I'll just caption the pictures below and you can just imagine (by those captions and pictures) how wonderful the day must have been for yourself. Also, if you check out My Other Blog you can see some of the other things I did during that day.

Mom and I decided to try on some Valentine-esq. shoes for the day. So here are our feet. I didn't bother to take of my socks, 'cause that would have been cold.




I then added to the shoes a few more garments which were suited to the occasion.


And a flower to my head. :)



Anna wore pink. And white. And a smile. :)



Tabsy wore pink too, and the three of us took some photos together.



Then I borrowed Leah's coffee mug and had some hot coffee. Isn't it purty?


Oh, ----AND! Mom gave me a chocolate!




The End.

What did you do for Valentine's Day this year? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment