Saturday, November 28, 2009

What a Day!



I have the pre-Christmas jitters! In our house, Christmas is not just a day. It's a season. :) And it starts the day that Dad squeezes a hug, beautiful fir tree through our front door. Usually, American Thanksgiving is the day that we try to get our tree, but this year we've had so much going on that we haven't been able to do it yet. So, every day, we wonder "Is today the day?" And every day, we clean the house, and wait with bated breath for the moment when the house will be filled with the scent of a freshly cut tree. The day when a path of fallen needles and sap is made from the van to the porch, from the porch to the living room, and from the living room to the window, where the tree usually sits. It's a good day.

I find myself today very, very jittery. I can't quite get myself into the Christmas mood until we've started decorating, but I can tell that as soon as we DO have our decor, I'm going to be dancing around in a frenzy of Christmas cheer and... baking. :) Can't wait.

And I especially can't wait to start posting on here about it all-- Gingerbread houses, Christmas tree decorating, Christmas shopping, and who knows what all. I love this season. Every moment of it.




Photo credits: Google. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment