Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Punkins," Pumpkins, and Baking


I remember the days when I was small enough to receive the greeting "Hi, Punkin!" from my dad. Ah, fond memories. :) Actually, we (my siblings and I) have all been called "Punkin" at some point in our lives, I'm sure, and now, since some of us are older... we've taken to calling a great number of small, rosy cheeked young'uns by that term of endearment as well.

So, here I am, posting pictures of the two smallest punkins in the house. This post is basically just a picture post, with captions thrown in here and there. This is what it looks like when I bake cookies with my little siblings! (Most of the time-- sometimes it involves a lot more rolling and cutting than this.) These particular younger siblings are the two youngest girls in the family, Anna and Tabithah. Anna being the taller blond one, and Tabithah being the smaller blond one. Their aprons were a little too big for them, but we made do. :)

Enjoy the pictures! (Poor quality, though they may be.)


Here we go. Measuring...




Mixing...



Mixed!





(I love the look of concentration on her face here.) :)




Watching the cookies bake...



Done! Tabithah was taste testing and posing for the picture AT THE SAME TIME! She's so multi talented.



The finished product!



And now for the afore mentioned pumpkin. :) I've never carved a pumpkin before-- this was my first try. What say you to that? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment