Friday, September 11, 2009

A Little Idea

Hello world!

I think I'd like to begin this blog by asking you a pretty simple question: What do YOU think of food?

I'll bet that most people think pretty well of it. It's wonderful stuff. Not only is it the fuel of life for our bodies, food is a way that people connect with one another. I once read a quote that said, "Laughter is brightest where food is best"-- and I believe it! There are billions of people in this world, all with different interests, tastes, personalities and pleasures... but the one thing that we all have in common, no matter what our differences may be, is food.

This blog is about just that. It's also about people and the pleasure that they get from that delicious wonderfulness. I have decided to keep this blog for a number of reasons, one of which is for my own education and enjoyment (I'll share more on this topic in my next post). I intend to use this blog to share my discoveries, as I go about learning more about food from different cultures and lands. I also intend to share some of those moments in my home where the laughter is bright because the food is best-- like at Christmas time, when each one of the 12 kids in my family gets to decorate his or her very own gingerbread house.

Also, I very much hope that I will be able to keep this blog updated regularly with pictures, pictures, and more pictures-- because I am a firm believer in the power of pictures. They are awesome. Some day, I aim to buy a really amazing camera with which to take those amazing pictures, but for now, my cheap digital shots and pictures borrowed photos from my amazing photographer sister's website will have to suffice. Oh, and Google's image search. Some of those pictures, too. :)

So, this is my little idea. To write about little bits and pieces of life that have to do with food. :) Is this a good thing, do you think?

Here's a random picture from the afore mentioned incredible photographer for you-- I just couldn't bear to put up my first post without any pictures. So be grateful for this one. It's way more amazing than this blog will probably ever be. ;)

Goodbye for now!

--Naomi

No comments:

Post a Comment