Friday, September 11, 2009

A Bit About Me

Well, I've decided that this post should be a "Little Bit" about me and my decision to start this blog. So, here goes!

I am the kind of person that loves, loves, loves cooking and baking-- I love creating things in the kitchen, not just because I love the ending result in taste and satisfaction, but I love to make things as visually appealing as I can. I love the art of food. I am just the sort of person that, if I had loads of money and wasn't quite sure what to do with it all, I'd go to the best chef school around just for the enjoyment of it. Not because I necessarily wanted to come away as a world famous chef (although, the idea of that does sound rather appealing), but for the simple reason of... loving to learn about this stuff.

For the past couple of years, I've been working on growing my little cake decorating company, Silver Spoon Cakes. I love my company. It's still in the beginning stages, and I still have a ways to go before I can call it extremely profitable. But I am proud of it.

Here's a picture of one of my cakes (I was rather fond of this one).



I got started with cake decorating because of the book "The Essential Guide to Cake Decorating." It's an excellent book-- and to anyone who is interested in getting into cake decorating, I'd recommend it in a heartbeat. It is the marvelousness! Basically, I picked it up and thought, "Wow, this looks like something I'd like to do. It looks like something I COULD do. You know what? I'm going to just do it!" And here I am today. Making wedding cakes from April-October.



So, that's me. A cake decorator with a dream of becoming a chef. However, since I'm still young, I'm not going to think about that too much just yet. I can't afford chef school right now, and I've got some other things that I'd like to do before I go off to school, so... for the time being, I'll just have to content myself with teaching myself. And then blogging about it.

That's what this blog is all about. Books that I'm reading to teach myself various kitchen-ish things, and other things that I'm making just because I like to make them. I might also get into making some tutorials on different foodstuffs, and I think I'll probably stick some good restaurant reviews in here every so often as well.

But at the moment... I'm off to bed. Probably to dream about cheesecake.

Farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment